Bolanle is a Director and Managing Partner at IPI WATCH SERVICES and has over twenty years work experience as a commercial lawyer. She gained her Law degree (LL.B) from the University of Lagos and a B.L to practice law as a Solicitor and Barrister of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. She has postgraduate diploma degrees in International Intellectual Property Law (IIPL) and International Business Organisation(IBO) from the College of Law, UK. Bolanle also holds an Executive Master’s Certificate in Project Management from the Project Management College, UK.
Bolanle has experience in
- Registering and maintaining the registration of several leading brands at the Nigerian Trademarks registry.
Registration of PCT Patent applications at the Nigerian Patent Office.
- Renewal of trademarks, and patent registration.
- Prosecution of several opposition matters before the tribunal of the trademarks registry.
- Proffering legal advisory services prelude to securing the registration and certification of several products with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) in Nigeria
- Company secretarial duties
- Incorporation of companies at the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Obtaining work permit for expatriate workers in Nigeria
- Conducting legal due diligence exercise and regulatory compliance with several companies
Bolanle excels when working with a team and has been a team member of the committee on the draft bill of the proposed trademark legislative laws. She has successfully prosecuted and won several litigation matters in infringement and passing off and commercial agreement on behalf of client, prepared pleadings, interlocutory applications and conducted trials. She prosecutes objection applications at the Corporate Affairs Commission related to the wrongful use of a trademark as part of a company name.
Bolanle perfects documentation and registration of title deeds in all States in Nigeria and has helped Clients resolve legal issues across the neighboring countries along the West African coastline. She renders general legal advisory services on acquisition of property and represents both International and local Clients on adverse legal issues.
She has a niche for investigating IP related matters in Nigeria and West African countries.
Bolanle has written a professional paper titled “Intellectual Property Value- Protecting and Enforcing Trademarks and Copyright in Nigeria” for the UK based Globe White page.
She has been managing the practice since its inception.